Constructing Better Health (CBH) is a not-for-profit scheme dedicated to improving the standard of occupational health management in the construction industry.
Who is CBH?
CBH started life back in 2000/2001 when the government announced the Securing Health Together strategy for reducing the incidences of work related health.
The construction industry responded by setting its own targets to reduce ill health, recognising that perhaps like many other industries, the health bit of health and safety was not being given the same attention as safety.
Understanding the reasons for this is relatively simple – health is a difficult subject.
Ill health is not immediate, not like an accident. Ill health can take many years to manifest itself and often the worker has left the industry before they fall ill, therefore the connection is never made back to working in the industry. It’s not like falling off a piece of scaffolding.
ARC Medical are fully accredited to deliver CBH Medicals and have access to upload the medical results to the CBH Database.
We offer CBH Medicals which cover these occupations:
- Asbestos Licensed Worker
- Carpenter/ Joiner/ Shop Fitter
- Concrete Sprayer
- Construction Site Operative – General
- Construction Site Operative – Specialist
- Demolition Operative
- Electrician – Fitter/ Engineer
- Form Worker
- Glazier/Glass Fitter/Window Installer
- Industrial Cleaner
- LGV/HGV Driver
- Maritime Operative – General
- Maritime Operative – Specialist
- Painter/ Decorator
- Piling Operative
- Pipe Fitter
- Plant Operator – General
- Plant Operator – Crane Driver
- Plant Operator – Mobile Machine Driver
- Plasterer/ Dry Liner
- Plumber/ Gas/ Heating/ Ventilation Engineer
- Road Construction – Asphalt/ Paver
- Roofer – Slater/ Thatcher/ Tiler
- Scaffold/ Rigger
- Site Foreman/ Supervisor
- Site Manager
- Slinger/ Signaller/ Banksman/ Traffic Marshall
- Steel Erector Structural/ Fabricator
- Tunnel Boring Gang
- Wall/ Floor Tiler
Can’t find what you’re looking for on this list? Click to contact us
We work with most industries to help develop more efficient and user-friendly work-related health management in construction.
- Did you know…
In the UK, construction workers are at least 100 times more likely to die from an occupational disease than from an accident. Up to 1.2m working days are lost per year, due to work-related ill health in the construction industry alone.